Get Adobe Flash player

Getting Started in Motorcycle Training

I am glad that you have decided to take up motorcycling, however there are a few things we need to get done first;ttb

You will need to acquire a Lerner Permit which permits you to learn to ride a motorcycle. However, to obtain your learner permit you must first do a theory test for a motorcycle. Click here for info on theory test.

To book a test or locate a test centre click here

I would (highly recommend) that you purchase the latest Theory Test Book and Disk.

Best of luck on your test !....

On successful completion of your Motorcycle Theory Test (congratulations Laughing)  you will be issued with a Certificate of  Successful Completion, which you will need to bring to your local Motor Tax Office.

For information on learner permits click here

If you are aged between 16 and 18 years, you are looking for Category (A1) Motorcycle Lerner Permit.

If you are over 18   age, you are looking for Category (A) Motorcycle Lerner Permit.


Well done! you are now eligible to commence your Initial Basic Training (IBT)


Recommended study material before IBT "This is your Bike" see it as a PDF here and rules of the Rules of the Road

aon rospa1 defence-Forces-Logo dia dsa iam msa naami-Logo lib roSPA rsa